Commitment. Simple word, a couple of meanings, both great for your personal and business life. For the purpose intended, I am going to go with this: "the state or an instance of being obligated or emotionally impelled". There is a big difference in wanting something in life to happen and making things in life happen. You get out what you put in, so the result is all on you. What separates people who want from the people who do is the level of commitment. Wanting to be the best in whatever you do is fine, but if you aren't fully committed to becoming the best, you will never reach your peak. I believe this with everything in me. Only you are stopping you, as where there is a will, there is a way.
For me, I have a plan to help get me where I want to be and I thought that I'd share it with you, as it may help you as well.
- Set realistic goals. - It could be short term, or long term, but make sure it's realistic.
- Study the path to reaching those goals. - See what it takes. Are you serious about this? Will you give it your all? If not, start back at 1.
- Be your biggest supporter. - Others cheering for you is fine and all, but if you aren't your own number one fan, something is wrong. Believe in YOU!
- Commit to do your absolute best. - If not, why bother? None of this matters if you aren't giving all of you. Everything that you need is inside of you and you're in control of that. Accept that and you'll never blame anyone else.
- Accept the outcome. - The final outcome is what it is because you made it that way.
Use these tips and take control of your future. Know what you want, commit to getting whatever it is, doing whatever it is and accept the outcome. Commit to starting your business. Commit to getting your degree. Commit to becoming a better person. Commit to showing that person how much you love them. If you want it done, there is a way to get it done. See it. Want it. Commit to it. DO IT.